Wart Off Paint 6mL
A treatment paint for common and plantar warts in a convenient 6mL bottle.
Directions for use:
1. Mask the area around the wart by:
a) Smearing petroleum jelly around it, NOT on it.
b) Paint around it with nail varnish.
c) Use a felt corn ring.
d) Cut plaster around the wart.
2. Apply a very small amount of Wart-Off Paint on the top of the wart only, using the applicator. Avoid contact with the surrounding skin.
3. Allow Wart-Off Paint to dry, then cover the wart with a plaster (waterproof if possible) so it does not breathe. Do not leave the wart uncovered.
4. Wash hands thoroughly after applying Wart-Off Paint. If a waterproof plaster is used to cover the wart, washing hands will not affect the treatment. If you use a non-waterproof bandaid, do not put wart area in water as this can cause the salicylic acid to run into skin and cause burning.
5. Repeat once or twice daily until the warts has completely cleared. Change the plaster every couple of days or as desired. Should the condition persist consult a physician.
Contains ether 42% w/v, chlorobutanol hemihydrate, benzoates, chlorhexidine acetate and ethanol 12.7% v/v. Avoid contact with eyes. If in eyes, rinse well with water. This product may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and other sources of UV light. Sun exposure should be limited by using a sunscreen and by wearing protective clothing. Transient stinging or irritation may occur when using this product. If irritation persists, discontinue use. If you have sensitive skin, test this product on a small area of skin before applying it to a large area. Do not use if you are diabetic, have impaired circulation, nerve damage or have had a previous operation around the wart area. Use Wart-Off Paint only on common and plantar warts. Wart-Off Paint should not be applied to broken skin, moles, birth marks or unusual skin growths. Wart-Off Paint may cause infection. If infection occurs discontinue use and seek medical advice. Do not use on infants or very young children unless with medical advice. Do not treat more than one wart in close proximity to another, or over large area, at one time. Do not apply to your face or ano-genital areas. Wart-Off Paint contains salicylic acid to destroy tissue. If burning or stinging occurs wash thoroughly with running water and apply an antiseptic cream.
FIRST AID: For advice, contact a Poisons Information Centre (e.g. phone Australia 13 11 26; New Zealand 0800 764 766) or a doctor (at once). If swallowed, do NOT induce vomiting. If inhaled, remove from contaminated area. Apply artificial respiration if not breathing. Caution: Wart-Off Paint is flammable. Keep away from flame. Keep off paintwork. Replace cap firmly after use.
- Ingredients : Dosage form: Topical paint Quantity: 6mL Salicylic acid 200 mg/mL (20% w/v), Lactic acid 137.5 mg/mL (12.5% w/v), Podophyllum Resin 100mg/mL (10% w/v).